THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY: THE SOUND OF ENGINEERING
How to inspire 5-13 year olds about careers in Engineering?
Create the first ever pop video engineered entirely by kids of course. Teaming up with teen pop sensation New Hope Club and Blue Peter to engage kids with real life, inspirational engineering that genuinely encouraged them to consider engineering as a career. Through the medium of music and video production we showcased the vital roles that engineers play in the industry.
· 136+ pieces of coverage including 23 nationals
· New Hope Club’s Christmas single has been viewed by 236,000 kids and received 25,000 engagements on YouTube
· 147,000 impressions across IET’s social channels and 1,720 engagements – a 158% increase in impressions vs. IET’s business as usual posts
· Consideration of a career in engineering leapt from 42% to 67% – an increase of 25%
· 74% said the campaign changed how they saw careers in engineering
· 67% said they would consider a job in engineering (compared with 42% pre-campaign)
FROM THE HEART…
“Tin Man’s concept to get children to engineer a pop music video really captured the imagination of our audience. The end result was a fun, exciting and dynamic campaign which delivered on our strategic goals.”
Christopher Knibb, Head of Comms, The IET